Wednesday, May 9, 2012

a Top Golf birthday celebration

A few weeks ago, we celebrated our dear friend Michelle's birthday playing Top Golf in Alexandria. 


Top Golf is pretty fun.  It's basically like a driving range with these huge targets out in the field.  Kind of like bowling (or maybe ski-ball), the computer-chipped golf balls distribute points depending on where your ball lands.



Apparently Top Golf only has four locations in the United States (and three in the UK), so I'm glad we get to enjoy this one every now and again.  I was pleasantly surprised to find the food was pretty good for a place like this, and they even have punch-like sangria.




I loved baking a cake for Michelle's birthday because I knew her favorite flavor combination and color, so she was guaranteed to like it as long as I didn't mess it up :)  I did add a little something special by spreading on a layer of my grandma's homemade strawberry jam between the two layers of chocolate cake.  (Full disclosure -- it was a box cake with store-bought frosting.  It was a weeknight, don't judge me.)





All in all, I think the birthday girl had a fun time!




No comments:

Post a Comment