Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting ready with the ladies

A wedding is a great excuse to spend some QT with your best girls friends, gettin' your nails did at the local hole-in-the-wall salon. Here's two of them, enjoying their sorta-questionable foot bath:



After our nails were all prettied up, a few of us headed over to the hotel to get ready with the bride. My friend Stef is great with hair and make up, so I asked her to style my hair for the night. I'm so glad I did - she did a great job and I didn't have to worry about it. Here she is, doing makeup for one of the other bridesmaids.



(PS - Stef is also an awesome personal trainer in Baltimore!! Her info is listed on Baltimore Bride.)


The morning of the wedding day was nice and relaxed. Kalyn's nieces all got their hair done, so it was fun to hang out with them at the hotel all day. She has A LOT of nieces and nephews... kids have a great way of keeping things laid back. (or sometimes doing the exact opposite...)





Pat's sister also has an adorable little one. The poor baby wasn't feeling good on Friday, but she seemed fine by the wedding on Saturday evening, luckily. How cute is this pre-wedding pedicure? Lucky little girl!






Kalyn and Pat hired Melissa Barrick as their photographer... I can't wait to see how her pictures came out. She and her assistant were so friendly and easy to get along with. It really goes to show how important it is to hire vendors that are people you like! They both made the whole experience very enjoyable.



Kalyn & Pat's engagement pics are here (Melissa's website) and here (Kalyn's blog), if you'd like to see some of Melissa's work. She also posted a sneak peak of their wedding pictures & day after shoot.

2 comments:

  1. don't you just love weddings? :)

    To answer your question...we would go to the grocery store every two days or so and store stuff in a cooler.

    Also...are you from arlington? my husband is interviewing for a job in Vienna next week! how do you like the area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. weddings are the best... except I always cry my eyes out! You guys must be great at camping by now.

    And yes, I'm living in Arlington (from Long Island). I do like living here - there is SO much to do, no matter what you're looking for. I've heard there are a lot of newlyweds living out in Vienna, so I'm sure you would make a lot of new friends, too!

    ReplyDelete